Friday, November 8, 2013

Stinky Stuff



Can I just say that middle school kids stink. Like literally--there is not enough air freshener or plug-ins to get rid of the funk sometimes. It's in the classroom, in the hallways, it's pretty much everywhere. Some days, I wished that I worked in a nice little office or cubicle. They don't seem like they would smell, right?
Random I know.I just love when things smell good---again random but all that funk the other day was so annoying. I couldn't concentrate. I felt like I was running full steam all day but the smells kept cramping my style. I can't work in funk (literal and figurative). I guess that was a typical chaotic day for you. My to-do list didn't get any smaller. I started but didn't finish more things than I would have liked to. So much to do, so little time. I'm sure it wasn't the smell but someone/something must take the blame right? It certainly wasn't me. So many times we let trivial things really derail our plans for a day or a particular time period. I have a nifty planner that has most of my to-do's outlined but at times, I can't keep up with it so I flat out ignore it. There is always an e-mail or text to send, Facebook to check, a blog to read, etc. I think I need to disconnect a little bit. Is that even possible? My short term fix for now is to try to stick to only doing the tasks that I set out to do at a particular time. Boundaries so to speak so I don't let stuff get in the way--I talked about boundaries yesterday. This means that I may have to ignore some folks, respond to an e-mail or text within 24 hours instead of within a minute, and just flat out tell myself no when I start drifting away from the task at hand. Easier said than done. I want to take a nap to avoid all of this already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment