Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Be Seen

My devotional reading today challenged me to make sure that my life is a visible reflection of my answered prayers and spiritual growth. I don't know about you but sometimes this is tough. I mean I think I represent well, but it is definitely a challenge when I find myself in difficult and awkward situations. One of my friends and I often joke that when we are wronged or people say crazy things to us that Jesus just saved their life. LOL. I am so serious. Jesus has saved a few people from getting their feelings hurt... that's evidence of growth right? My mouth lord continue to work on taming my tongue I have come a mighty long way though.

Anyhow, the devotional One Minute for God by Hope Lyda used the analogy of when someone works out, they want people to notice. So when we study the word, pray, fellowship, etc--we should expect results and want people to notice. How we do things should change. How we react when tested and discouraged should change. Yes, even if that means you have to have choice words for someone in your head instead of out loud; baby steps count. 

I want to be seen being a true believer. It may look corny to some. Some people may say I am living in a fantasy world. That's ok. 

If you are unhappy with a current situation that's fine. But while you may have a temporary set back, make sure you profess that you have faith that things will turn around. If someone hurts you--even after you've helped them and shown them love--be sure you don't give up on love. Continue to be kind. Don't get taken advantage of by any means but  don't let someone else's hurtful actions cause you to change who you are. Even if you struggle, share your struggle. You will let someone else know that even though we are believers, we fall down and are tested (oh man are we tested) but we will rise again. It's not easy but it's so worth it.

I have so many great friends that I can just tell by their lives and happiness that they are believers. They are not perfect but they are resilient. You can see it in their pictures, in what they are doing, in who they have become. They are enjoying life. Young, fabulous, and Christian. I like that.

So no matter what, when times are good, when times are not so good--let your outward walk be a reflection of your inward growth and development.


1 comment:

  1. This is spot on for the growing Christian we must begin to look and sound different otherwise how will we be a reflection of Christ! You continue to profress that no matter what is happening God will take care of you and that pushes your friends to have more faith too.

    ReplyDelete