Monday, October 14, 2013

Don't Act How You Feel

Can I just say I never feel like doing anything. 

Like really.

I am very content with staying home and snuggling with my 2 1/2 men all day. I'm happy to sit in silence. I will cancel some plans in a minute. 

Lately though, I have been doing things in spite of how I feel and I must say, each time I was blessed. We were not created to be alone all the time. In Sunday school on Sunday, the teacher said iron sharpens iron so how's that happening when we are constantly alone?

I have a lot going on right now. I struggle with this at times but my eye is on my big goal. This season of busyness will be worth it in the end.  In spite constantly not wanting to do anything because I am so busy, I've made an effort to get out and spend more time with my husband and close friends. I don't have quantity time but I can sacrifice for some quality time every now and then.

Like this weekend. I wanted nothing more than to hide away in my house after my week. But I ventured to my home away from home--the DMV area. My sister friend had a women's conference at her church and I got myself together after a crazy day of work and made the trek to support my girl.

And boy was I blessed.

A few things from the conference resonated with me for sure but what hit me the most was the love for Christ that my girlfriends have. As we sat up and chatted Friday and Saturday nights, I was in awe of how we are all growing together in the word in spite of the various struggles we may be having. It is amazing to see the transition from our college years to now. We are mothers, working women, and lovers of Christ. God never ceases to amaze me. How blessed am I to have believers as friends? Non-judgemental woman that I can share everything with while I am growing in Christ as well. It was funny to see how we are all trying to juggle being active in our churches with motherhood, our hectic work schedules, and still trying to bless a few people along the way. How did our grandmothers do it?

I am glad that I didn't let my feelings cause me to miss this blessing. 

I encourage you to do at least one thing inspite of how you feel this week. Text or call someone, go to bible study, or play with your children for a little while without being distracted by the TV or cell phone.

Don't miss your blessings because of how you feel.



No comments:

Post a Comment