Monday, January 20, 2014

Week 2: All Things Are Possible

This week to God be the glory I was not nearly as hungry as I was the first week. That was just the little push that I needed.

Here is my recap from last week:
via | uplifted vibrations

Monday: Today I stepped on the scale for the first time since October (well I think I did once but I hadn't gained or loss at that point). I have gained 6 pounds since then. I have been avoiding the scale because I figured I had gained like 20 pounds because I was not focused at all in the fall/during the holidays but all hope is not lost. I didn't binge eat everyday and ate relatively healthy when I could so thank God. Now I have a real starting point for this journey. I'll update you when I hit the scale again. Still hitting Zumba like a boss. I don't have many days to work out so, I am sticking to this one.

Tuesday: So yeah, I think this is my busiest day of the week. This is good and bad because I don't have time to think about being hungry but then I also don't have much time to eat. The hunger pains got better though. I am grateful for that. I just have to make sure that I don't dive into whatever it is that I do eat when I do finally get the chance.

Wednesday: Today felt good. I had a work lunch and I didn't know what would be served so I had a light breakfast to prep. Luckily they always serve healthy food so I had good options. I ended the day well under my calorie goal and I had a cookie at lunch. I chatted with a friend during lunch and took my time eating so I didn't even want everything I put on my plate anyhow. Tuna wraps are my new favorite thing (on a whole wheat tortilla by the way).

Thursday: Today I ate one of my faves--a plain bagel with veggie cream cheese from Dunkin Doughnuts. I opted for a lighter options throughout the day to allot for this treat and it worked in my favor.

Friday: I had a date night dinner with the hubs and managed not to go over my calorie limit! *insert praise dance here*. Planning is key on a day like this--shoot everyday for that matter.

The Weekend: This weekend's treat was Salted Caramel Popcorn. OMG delicious!!! I had way to much on Saturday but managed to sneak away with only eating 1,817 calories for the day. Over my 1,500 but not as bad a last weekend's 2,119 calorie Sunday. This Sunday was low-key. I had more popcorn but cut out some other snacks and managed to stay under my calorie goal.
preach
Overall: The only thing that wasn't super great this week was getting in 106 ounces of water a day. You really have to focus. I got close most days but that was tough when I didn't make time to always refill my bottle or when I was just at home lounging around. Also, this plank challenge that me and my husband are doing is no joke though. We are up to 1.5 minutes now. INSANE. After a minute, I am done UGH. I am ready to give it up lol. Overall though, I really feel like I can do this. Hopefully as the weeks go by, things will continue to get easier and healthier eating will become second nature. I am trying my best to make this as normal as possible so I will be able to keep up with steady weight loss throughout the rest of winter and in to the spring.

Continue to pray for me. I hope all are doing well with your New Year's Goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment