Thursday, June 2, 2016

Failure is Feedback


The idea of failure is often stifling to most people--especially to me. In my mind failure and the idea of failing use to be equated with a lack of true effort. Now, in my thirtieth first year of life, realize that failure is not so cut and dry. You can in fact give something your all and still fail and that failure may be just what you need in order to propel you into the next part of your journey.

Failure is feedback.

Failure is probably the most constructive form feedback we can ever get. It forcibly guides us to pause and reflect. Did we truly seek God in whatever it was we were trying to do in the first place? Did we ignore red flags that should have given us pause? Were we choosing to settle for the good and not pursue the great? Did we settle for less than Gods best to look good to other people?

My failures in 2015 have allowed me to find my voice, to learn the power of fasting, praying, and really seeking quietness so I can hear God's voice. I have learned to be more intentional with my time and my talents. Failures inspire creativity and develop our ability to be resilient. 

My failures are proof that I am growing and striving to do better each day. Just because it's difficult doesn't mean it's not where we are supposed to be. God will remove our difficulties when we are ready. Some things we can only learn in the struggle.

What have your failures taught you?

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. (Ephesians 3:20 NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment