Monday, July 1, 2013

Hello Hello!



Hi Everyone!

I am super excited to join the blogging world. I always have something to say about something and lately I have been discovering new things and re-inventing myself in many ways so what better way to share my journey than with a blog. Plus, one of the amazing woman in my circle has an awesome blog that I am currently addicted to (check her out here http://shelbystonesteel.blogspot.com/) so, I had to become a part of this awesomeness called blogging.

Anywho, I make it a point everyday to read a devotional (or two, or three...I love Jesus you will see that as time goes on) and today I read Isaiah 40:31 (NKJV)-But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. This scripture got me thinking about one thing that I do not do well-waiting. I don't know about you but I do NOT wait well. While this is a strength in some areas, it is a real weakness in others.


Over the years, I have gotten better at waiting. Sometimes we want blessings--higher paying jobs,  houses, cars, etc--and the reality is we are not ready for them. If we take the time to wait for God's timing, what we will get will be so much better than what we even wanted in the first place. And when you do finally get the blessing, you won't squander it. You can enjoy it and cherish it because you have gone through everything necessary to prepare you for what you have received and what is ahead. Waiting is hard but it is so worth it my sisters and friends.

What is something you really desire? What are some steps you can take today to prepare your for your blessing while you are waiting?

1 comment:

  1. First and foremost, welcome! You are a great writer and you have so many awesome things to say (you've talked me off the ledge a time or two) it only feels right that you are blogging! I love this topic - I don't do well wore waiting either and have found that "anxiousness" has totally bit me in the butt.

    ReplyDelete