Friday, August 30, 2013

Top Ten 2013 Summer Highlights

I am sad to see summer going. Here are ten things I loved about this summer.


Beyonce Concert
1. Beyonce-nothing else to say about that. Best concert of the summer.


NJ State Fair
2. NJ State Fair-I LOVE fair food. I have been trying to get to the NJ state fair for years. I am so glad we got to go. My favorite part was the fried oreos...those things AMAZING. I had to get some more on the way out. We will be going back.


Family Vacation in Jamaica
3. Riu Resort Montego Bay Jamaica-This was my first all family vacation and it was awesome. I think we are going to make it an annual thing. I didn't have to plan anything. Drinks, food, and pool/beaches  everyday. It was so nice to have unstructured time without phones, e-mail, Facebook, etc.


World Trade Center
4. I may have already said this but this place is breath taking. I couldn't believe how long it took us to get inside but it was worth every minute. As I walked around and read the different names, I almost wanted to weep. There were sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, uncles, aunties, and unborn children to name a few. Such an awesome and humbling experience.

Watching fresh Krispy Kreme's being made.
5. These things literally melt in your mouth. If there was a Krispy Kreme doughnut eating contest, I swear I'd when. I think I am going to look into that for next summer lol.

Watching my nephew brush the grass of my grandparents grave. He's so sweet.

6. I love my grandparents. Without them Lord knows where I would be. I always go spend some quiet time with them whenever I'm am in San Diego. This wasn't my usual quiet time with two toddlers but it was even more awesome to be able to take my nephew and son there. I was blessed to know my great-grandfather and get a little sad sometimes that my son won't have that with my papa. This is as close as they get to get but I am still grateful and can't wait to share stories about both of them about their great-grandparents.

7. My son's birthday party. I must say, I out did myself. I am a baker. Everything pictured I made (and there is tons more that you can't see). I am pretty darn good (I say that in the most humble way possible). Who doesn't love to make something and have everyone raving about it? I am still on a cookie/cake high.


8. Wedding Anniversary-We have been trying to get a little more serious about getting in our couple time and doing things we love together. We are often caught up in the hustle and bustle of life so it was very nice to get flowers and hang out with the hubbs. I mean with two sets of grandparents in town how could we not go out? Nice benefit of having anniversary and baby's birthday so close. Not pictured are the flowers I got that I managed to keep alive for two weeks and counting---that's a big deal.

Pictured at my son's birthday party...that was some serious face painting.

9. Mom visiting-My house is really feeling like a home thanks to my mom's interior accenting skills (aka hanging all my pictures/organizing my stuff) and her gardening handy work. Who knew you had to trim your own trees?

10. Discovering Blogging-First I stalked my friends blog (check her out here) and then I did the #31WriteNow challenge for the month of August and found so many great blogs. I am glad to be a part of the blogging world. Who knew there were people out there that had really cool and relatable things to say? I feel like I have a whole different online sisterhood now. So many great stories. We are all growing, over coming, and conquering the world together.

I am going to miss the carefree days of summer. I will be savoring these last few days. I can't wait to see what next summer brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment