Saturday, November 23, 2013

Be Cared For


As a woman who likes to do it all, it is very hard to take a pause and let someone else do the work (or to even let someone be genuinely nice to you for that matter). I started getting sick earlier this week but kept pressing on. There were meetings to be had, papers to present, etc, etc, etc. But yesterday, two people blessed me through their random acts of kindness and I realized that sometimes you just have to let people do nice things for you. There is nothing wrong with being cared for with no strings attached.

I know that I can't do it all but it is hard for me to let people care for me most of the time. I am learning though that you can let people in, even if only for a few minutes, and blessings can come in through them.You just never know how giving someone a few minutes of your time or just making a small nice gesture will change your day or theirs. For example, last week my work BFF left me some chocolates and a note. Those things came in handy this week for sure! Then I had a conversation with a student a while ago about this book series by Veronica Roth when I noticed him reading it in class--very brief convo; so brief in fact I had forgot about it.  But yesterday this sweet boy brought me his copy since he was done with it so I could read it. Even though I told him I wouldn't have time to read it until winter break and tried to give it back to him, he simply said take as long as you need; you'll love it. What a blessing to end a hectic week.

It doesn't have to be much but let people in when you can and do the same for others too. As I sip a glass of wine tonight and read travel and leisure magazine for the first time, I know I will be blessed and I am grateful for those who care for me even in the smallest of ways. I have been pinning a lot of small gift ideas that I plan to use on Pinterest. Get some idea here. I hope I can care for a few people, just like the cared for me.

Don't block out love. It is really everywhere and we are worthy.

Be loved and lifted my friends. Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. This is nice. I used to be the most open person in the world. It's a lot harder to do now.

    ReplyDelete