Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Random Things

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 


Today I am thankful for a lot of different random things. I am thankful for:

1. Fresh flowers that I decided to go to the store and get since I was up at the crack of dawn today for no reason. 6AM is prime time for grocery shopping. No crowds; no waiting.

2. Friends who tell me about random things like Turducken so when I see it pop up on a recipe blog I am not wondering what the heck it is.

3. Cupcake Moscato D' Asti wine. Where has it been all my life?

4. A kid that loves to play outside...even if it's 30 degrees. His bike ride a few times around the block got me up and moving before I eat all these glorious calories today.


5. Pinterest-without it there would be no Drunken Slow-cooker Cornish Hens today. My first time cooking with wine and it is soooo good. I'm really a ham kind of girl during the holidays but it was nice.

6. Candy crush...it brings me joy to actually have time to play and not be stuck on the same level.

7. Friends who bring me sorrel. One of my favorite drinks...before Christmas?!? Hallelujah!

8. New wine glasses. Yeah I've been using champagne flutes...who knew lol.

9. Cooking an excellent dinner by myself (which I don't mind; too many cooks in the kitchen can be annoying). I will be enjoying every morsel.

Mac and Cheese ready for the oven!

10. Toddler nap time. Can it come early today?? I need a nap too.

No comments:

Post a Comment