Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Eats

Christmas is probably my favorite holiday hands down. This year though, I'm not really in the spirit the way I normally am. There has just been so much going on. It seems like yesterday was Thanksgiving and now BAM here we are only two days away from Christmas. My gifts are wrapped/shipped off, Christmas music is playing, all my dinner items have been purchased but I am just not into it yet. Hopefully, once I start cooking things will start to turn around. How can you not get excited about Christmas right?? Wrong. Now I kind of wish that maybe I did go to Florida to spend Christmas with my husband's family. Maybe I just need a change of scenery. When I was at Hershey, I definitely felt more in the spirit. 
Anyhow, here is my menu. Most of which is the same as Thanksgiving but I opted to try a few different things. You can check out some quick fixes and tips to make dinner prep easy breezy here.  

Enjoy!

Breakfast
Bacon


Lunch/Dinner
Smithfield Crunchy Glazed Ham (it doesn't feature Paula Deen any more but Smithfield brought it back!!)
Homemade Cornbread Dressing*
Sweet Potato Casserole (without the topping…I use marshmallows instead)
Collard Greens with/Smoked Turkey (my recipe is similar to this but w/o the hot sauce)
Homemade Potato Salad*
Macaroni and Cheese (see my Thanksgiving post for how I make this quick and easy)
Dinner Rolls

*My mom is making these this year so no recipes. She does her own things.

Dessert
Cinnamon Chip Applesauce Coffeecake (cinnamon chips are a thing…who knew?)
Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars (This is the only one I have actually made before and it is awesome. I am using the recipe in the link but I got caramel apple filling this time instead.)


**More Pics coming later as I start to get this dinner together.

1 comment:

  1. I make this same cinnamon bread casserole for Christmas breakfast and it's the BOMB!! Your family will love it!!

    ReplyDelete