Monday, January 27, 2014

Week 3: Rome Wasn't Built in a Day

So Week-2 I was like this:
Beyonce Bowl gif
(Instead of footballs imagine me kicking away unhealthy foods)
 But last week I was like: 

I didn't really have a cheat meal per-se just a crappy eating week. I have really tried to cut down on "fat talk" but to be honest last week I just felt like a fat girl. I was only able to stick to my calorie goal 4/7 days. And since y'all know I am all about getting A's, this was a huge disappointment. Without being able to exercise daily, I am struggling. Now because I want this to be as authentic as possible, if I can get 6/7 days at or under 1,500, I feel like I am winning but last week I wasn't. I managed to loose a pound though but I am not happy with that. I just can't get out of my perfectionist ways fast enough but slow and steady wins the race right?

Here is my recap:

Monday-Today I fared well because having a day off really doesn't require energy so I wasn't really that hungry--breakfast-snack-dinner-Zumba-snack and the day was over. If everyday was like today I'd be in shape in no time.
Tuesday-So because we had a midday snow storm my commute home with a toddler was about 3 hours. We had to have snacks (carrots for me--Yay!) in the car. But by the time I got home I was ravenous. Salted caramel popcorn did me in.
Wedneday-Today was a snow day and I had more salted caramel popcorn lol. I had a salad for dinner though so even though I didn't make the healthiest food choices, I was under my calorie goal.
Thursday-I got my life together today. To God be the glory. I planned well and my calorie
Friday-I could have made it this day but the way my day went, I needed a glass of wine at the end of it. *sigh* Not too bad though--1,605.
Saturday-I made it through a Saturday and even made cookies--4-ingredient chocolate chip cookies. These were the bomb and super easy! I also tried some Parmesan Crusted Tilapia and is was also a win.
Sunday-Kid birthday party fail. I almost didn't want to track what I ate because I was ashamed. Which caused me to come home and have more cookies and wine. If I would've tracked in the moment, I could've saved myself 1,000 extra calories by not diving into those cookies but hey you live and grow right?

I know people say they want to get healthy by it right now I'm trying to be this:

Beyonce Superbowl Hologram gif
This Gif and the one above are courtesy of Awesomely Luvvie

In all seriousness though, each day is a new day. Paying attention to what I am eating is a start. The godly may trip seven times, but they will get up again. (Proverbs 24:16 NLT)
I already know that because I have church tonight I can't go to Zumba but I plan to go Saturday instead. The Super Bowl is Sunday so I will be looking for light snacking options for the family or just go lock myself in a room lol. I am also going to try to eat a little more seafood this week and a little less bacon--maybe. I also enlisted the help of my weight loss buddy extrodinare. Together a few years ago, we were some weight watchers beasts so I'm going to use her more for support because she knows my struggle and can help talk me off an over eating ledge as needed.

Planning and support are really crucial in any attempts at weight loss.

I claim victory over this week for all of us in the name of Jesus. 

2 comments:

  1. Amen! It's never easy but I'm glad I have ladies like you that remind me I'm not alone in this struggle!!!

    ReplyDelete