Monday, February 10, 2014

Week 5: Weakness Has a Purpose

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. (2 Corinthians 12:9 NLT)

Well last week was definitely a mix of weakness and miscalculation.Too many plantains here, forgetting that I had a snack earlier in the day there, and then someone putting whole milk in my latte instead of skim milk (not good on my belly or the calories). And then there were the fried Oreo's and Zumba being cancelled because of the snow---it was a little rough last week in case you couldn't tell.
These were divine! Clearly not healthy but the recipe is exactly what you see. Fry (I used Canola Oil--does that count for something lol) for about 30-60 on each side, sprinkle with some powdered sugar and you are done.
I knew I had a dinner date with some girlfriends on Saturday so I ate light during the day (I even avoided buying cupcakes!) and even though I knew this was coming and I had a good time, it's never fun when you know your week overall was not so good--3/7 days under 1,500...YIKES. I was over anywhere from 74-1,000 calories most days. I didn't gain or lose any weight last week so hopefully this Friday's weigh in will reignite my fire. I do have a Valentine's day dinner Friday night and I am sure that day will be chocked full of chocolate so I plan to really maximize the other days so I can at least get 6/7 days on track (maybe 5/7 just in case there are leftover goodies--let's be real here hehe).

Why does food have to be so good???? I love to bake and try new recipes so I have to get better at trying lower calorie dessert options and try to get more workouts in. That being said, next week I plan to secure a treadmill. Y'all hold me to it because I need it! Before my other one broke down I used it everyday.

Sometimes I don't want to post when I am not being successful but I know that no goal is reached without struggle and moments of weakness. When I get to this finish line, I want other people to know that it may take a while and there will be setbacks but the end result--no matter how long it takes--will be worth it.

Be encouraged my friends!

PS
If you love pizza/have kiddies that love pizza, this Bubble Up Pizza recipe is for you. I tried it Friday and it was easy to make and YUMMY! It is about 329 calories. I opted to use turkey pepperoni since that's what I had in the fridge. If I do this again, I'll probably put the pepperoni under the cheese. It is way more filling for the calories than a slice of pizza so I will be making this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment