Monday, March 17, 2014

Help

We live in a time where people are often scared to ask for help. We are embarrassed, ashamed, or just afraid that people won't help us. But the truth is, we all need help sometimes and that is actually normal. The real challenge though is asking for help, especially when we don't want to. How can I ask for help when I am suppose to be super-mom, wife, etc. Just because it looks like you have it all doesn't mean that you won't have times when you need some help. I am still working on this but I have gotten better. I am not afraid to let someone help me. I feel more comfortable asking my friends to pray for me, help me with an assignment, or give me some career advice.
 
But, I must admit that sometimes I don't even want to ask God to help with some things. Silly right? But with certain situations, I feel like I should be able to fix them on my own. I say things to myself like if I got myself in debt, I need to figure out how to get out of it. I may need to step out on faith but I feel like I need to have a clear plan to fall back on, etc. etc. I have been focusing my prayer life this Lenten season on asking for the very real help that I need from God right now. I am grateful for the many blessings that I have received but the reality is I need some help with a few things. There is NOTHING we can't ask God for help with. He already knows our struggles so why not allow him to really step in and help us? We all need help some times. No need to fake the funk. It gets real sometimes but God is our very present help.

What do you need to ask God to help you with today?

Check out Help by Erica Campbell (above). This song almost brings me to tears!

No comments:

Post a Comment