Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Week 10: Honesty is the Best Policy


Can you believe it has been 10 weeks already??? On the one hand I am kind of kicking myself for making this challenge public but on the other hand, I am glad that I did so others can see that the road to weight loss is rough but as long as you keep going you can meet your goals. If I wasn't honest about the struggle, someone make think my end results were easy and give up when they really need to just keep going.

That being said after being stuck for a few weeks, I am down 2 more pounds! That is 7 pounds total since starting in January if anyone is counting. I got on and off the scale at least 10 times to confirm it. So, even though eating only 1,500 calories a day hasn't really worked out for me everyday, I am making progress by opting for getting things right on some days instead of writing them all off as failures.

Last week, 3/7 days were under 1,500 (up from 1/7 last week). Overall though, last week, my worst day was about 2,000 calories. Not bad considering my worst day involved eating a bunch of homemade cookies and not the day I ate out on the same day as going to a fair and eating fair food. Who knew? How did I survive? I actually shared some of my desserts *gasps*. I HATE sharing desserts lol. But it worked out for the better last weekend. The weekend before got away from me so I wanted to tighten up last weekend. I can't say I'll share every dessert but last week that worked out for me.

I am also starting to look at the progress I made this time last year. If I make the same progress, I will may even surpass my initial weight loss goal for the year. I am trying to find better snacks or things to do when work and school stress start to creep in. I really love fresh popcorn popped on the stove. That has been a good save when I am home but I also need some better on the go options.


What are some things you try to manage stress eating? I'd love to hear. 

2 comments:

  1. Reading is one way I handle stress. I get caught up in the book so the urge to snack dies down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That is such a good idea. I definitely need to get going on my next book club book anyway.

    ReplyDelete