Monday, January 6, 2014

Back to the Grind

Weight loss is like a curse word to me at times but in line with a renewed focus on goals for the new year, I have decided to breathe new life into my weight loss/fitness goals. I was so inspired by my friends weight loss journey that I am ready. I have decided to embark on 95 days of eating 1,500 calories. YIKES!!! I am already hungry as I type this lol. Why 95 days you ask? I was going to go with 90 but I want to be realistic. I have a date night, my birthday, some ladies nights lined up in that time frame so instead of setting myself up for failure, I built in a few extra days so I don't have to beat myself up for the days I might not make the cut.

My overall goal this year is to lose 10% of my body weight. I can't wait to see how much of that I can knock out by April 11th (just before Easter...look at God!!).
Did you ever have 3 practices and a lifting session in one day?!?!Like I have said before, I am not into resolutions but I do have goals. I am sharing this one with you all so you can hold me accountable. Proverbs 15:22 says "plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed". Hopefully we can advise each other and completely smash our weight loss/fitness goals this year.

I will be writing about this journey at least once a week. I will also be trying some new healthy recipes and sharing those as well (if they are good).

Do you all have any weight loss/fitness goals this year?

I'd love to hear.
 
Here are some things I am starting with:
 
Get back to seriously using the MyFitnessPal App: I will track my 1,500 calories each day there. Add me bdxn637 if you want!
 
Start using my UP band again: I ordered a replacement over the weekend. It is great for tracking steps and sleep. 10,000 steps a day is my goal.
 
Use the waterlogged app: I will be logging 106oz of water a day!
 
Zumba/Walking: When I can. Hopefully 2-3 times a week.
 
Challenges from Pinterest: I don't have a ton of extra time as a working-grad school going mom so I always love these challenges that I can do at home at anytime. These are the two I am starting with.
 


2 comments:

  1. Barb! Love this post! Thank you for the encouragement. I want to work out 3 times a week and cut down on my carb intake. MOST of all I want to be healthy. I no longer want to walk up the stairs and out of breath. I will be cheering you along the way and look forward to hearing more from you soon on your success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lo! I Those stairs are a beast though lol. I actually made it to Zumba last night. It is a pain but in the end you always feell good. We can do it!!

    ReplyDelete