Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pause and Reflect

Wow I can't believe how fast March snuck up on me!! I am so blessed to have reached 29 years of age. It is the last year of my 20's and let me tell you I have NO reservations about being close to turning 30. Today is also Ash Wednesday, the start of the Lenten season. This season is a time to really do some soul searching, reflecting, and repenting. It is also a time to devote yourself to God, his purpose, and sacrifice for the world. I have mentioned before that it is a totally different experience for to live through these religious seasons as an adult and through the eyes of my son. They really have taken on a new meaning. I want to learn as much as I can so that I can teach him too. I have never given up anything for Lent so this year I decided to take my Christian walk further and participate in fasting with a friend and her church. They have a cool guide (below) that I am using along with some devotionals to really dive deeply into the Lenten season and really recognize and honor in my own way the sacrifice that Jesus made for us. What an awesome way to start of being 29 right? I will be sharing some reflections here over the next 40 days.

I hope you all have a blessed day and rest of your week and if you don't know much about Lent, I encourage you to look it up or come back here each week. You may be inspired. 


“And when you fast, don’t make it obvious, as the hypocrites do, for they try to look miserable and disheveled so people will admire them for their fasting. I tell you the truth, that is the only reward they will ever get. But when you fast, comb your hair and wash your face. Then no one will notice that you are fasting, except your Father, who knows what you do in private. And your Father, who sees everything, will reward you. “Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be. (Matthew 6:16-21 NLT)

*I started this a week earlier, so I will be adding an extra week of something on the end. You can get the full guide here.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for always inspiring me to push myself to the next level in my spiritual life.

    ReplyDelete