Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 8: Don't Obsess

Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body. (1 Corinthians 6:19, 20 NLT)

So last week I didn't lose or gain any weight--which is good considering how weeks 6-7 went. Thanks to MyFitness Pal, I did learn though that compared to this time last year, I am 13 pounds lighter! Really cool.

 I also got some new MyFitness Pal buddies who have given me some really cool tips. So this week I will focus on adding more protein into my diet. I am not a huge fan of a lot of chicken but it has a ton of protein so I will be getting my chicken fix for sure in addition to some other new additions below.

Juicing has been going okay. I have only found one combination that I love so far: carrots and apples. I will be on the hunt this week for a green juice recipe that I like. I hate to waste calories on juice so it has to be good or I'm not drinking it.

Overall, I am encouraged because even though most days I ended up being in the 1,600's calorie wise, I didn't over indulge. Usually if I have a small slice of cake I say forget it and have 2 more but last week I didn't do that so I didn't really have any bad days or days when I had to skip tracking all together because I ate too much (which is key because my birthday is coming up!). I had 2/7 days under 1,500, 3 days in the 1,600's and my Friday and Saturday with dinners out we around 2,300 (including appetizer, dessert, and drinks)--definitely feel like a winner for that.

Not perfect but better. Because I never caved in, I was able to avoid "fat talk" and didn't feel guilty. No need to obsess--monitor but not obsess.

How are you all doing? We are already in March so don't give up on your New Year's goals/resolutions.

You can do it!!

PS
Here are some items that I am trying to ramp up the protein (aside from chicken). I will probably rotate these throughout this week.

This is my top pick! You get the most protein from a bar with this one and it is yummy!

I don't love these but they get the job done and if you want a mindless snack you get a lot for one serving.
This was also pretty tasty. I'm not big on drinking milk so I was pleasantly surprised.
This bar is my second favorite. Not as much protein as the Nature Valley bar but pretty good and has healthy ingredients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment