Monday, September 22, 2014

Heavy Love

true love quotes

Love is such a powerful thing. The song Heavy Love by Mali Music really has me thinking lately about love. Some people make love seem effortless but in reality it is hard work. I think generations before us haven't done the best job of telling us the real life struggles of long lasting love.

That said, people love and receive love differently. Some times the one you love the most may not being showing you love the way you want to receive it. What do you do? Sometimes you have to eat a slice of humble pie and show love in spite of (I am NOT good at this). But what happens when the love you show isn't received the way you want it to be received or is not reciprocated? I don't know about y'all but sometimes my patience is short so if I am not feeling the love, I move on to focusing other things. Obviously probably not the smartest idea.

I think it is extremely important that we move beyond saying we love people and strive to put it into action--deliberate action each week (notice I didn't say everyday...I know the struggle).

Falling in love is only half the battle. We have to strive to stay in love. How do you work to stay in love? Is long lasting love a thing of the past or does it still exist?

Check out the song Heavy Love below and let me know your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment