Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Mid-Week Boost: Back to School

what faith can doYou will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. (Isaiah 26:3, NIV)

The beginning of a new school year is often a time of excitement for what is to come however; it can also be coupled with fear of the unknown or in some cases anxiety about what is known especially for us graduate students with clinical hours to get and thousands of pages to read and write. I found myself in one of these moments the other day. There is so much to be done but I have just struggled to logistically wrap my head around how it all will be done without the expense of my sanity and time with the people I love. For a moment, I wanted to give something up but I was quickly reminded that the seeds that God has planted in my heart are being cultivated now in order to be ready for the harvest. So, in the mean time I have to do the work--even if it is at 4:30 in the morning.

I am extremely grateful that I have been blessed with an amazing support system to keep me encouraged and help me through this time. As we start the last quarter of the year, here is my prayer for all of us:
I am not alone

Dear Heavenly Father,

I come to you saying thank you. Thank you for the time to relax and rejuvenate. Thank you for the time to reconnect with family and for traveling grace. I ask that you cover everyone at the start of this school year-teachers, students, parents, and administrators. Help us to keep your vision clear in our hearts and minds especially when times gets difficult. Cover our children Lord. I pray that they are kept safe and feel your love while they are in school. Help us to use every opportunity to parent, teach, lead, serve, and to learn to bring glory to your kingdom. Let our challenges be opportunities to show your great works. With you we can do hard things. In Jesus name I pray, amen. 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome prayer and right on time! With God on our side we can accomplish all those things and still get in qualify time with loved ones.

    ReplyDelete