Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Time to Let Go?

.Let go or be dragged
 Sometimes in life we have to let  go of people and habits that are holding us back. This is really hard to do but so necessary in order to truly enjoy our own lives. I don't know if I have mastered this yet, but I am slowly de-cluttering my life of unnecessary stuff and people...and boy does it feel good.
 
Today I saw a post about something similar and wanted to share from Sarah Jakes (daughter of Bishop T.D. Jakes but great blogger/writer in her own right). This post made me think about something I wrote a while ago I wrote about the amazing women that I have in my circle. You really are who you surround yourself with.

 
 
I love that she adds that even treasures have to be polished and we have to give ourselves room to get it wrong. Sometimes we can't really tell when we need to let go of something. Sometimes we may let go of something only to find it creeping back in on us. Growing pains are the worst.
 
Letting go is hard but holding on to dead weight is even harder.

2 comments: