Sunday, March 23, 2014

New Perspectives


I hope everyone is enjoying/enjoyed their weekend!

Fasting this Lenten season has really been a blessing to me. I have been able to reflect and really gain some new perspectives. I have also develop new appreciation for the sacrifice that Jesus made for us. I was a little irritable when fasting last Wednesday so I really needed to check my attitude and get in touch with why I was really struggling. It is so easy to get distracted and caught up. I don't want people who interact with me during my fast to think man she's rude today...must be the fasting. Fasting is only a small sacrifice that I am making and I want to represent God well while I am doing it--I will keep that in mind this Wednesday. I wanted to share part of this devotional as we head into next week:
You can download this devotional:
 Devotions for Lent From Holy Mosaic in the Holy Bible App or learn more here.
I should have way more time to reflect this week because I will be fasting from social media. *GASPS* That means no Facebook, no Instagram, no blogging or reading blogs, and no Pinterest. I know that I personally waste a ton of time on social media so I look forward to the break and new perspective. Do I really need all the access that I have? Can I set some parameters on social media so I don't waste so much time but enjoy it as a leisure activity? I personally feel like my son sees me on my phone too much anyway. I don't want him asking for a phone one day and then we are all distracted. I am hoping to gain a lot of clarity this week. I tried to get the hubbs to join in but he wasn't buying it and my mom doesn't think I can do it--I'll be showing them. Feel free to join in even if you just pick one form of social media!

I am sure I am going to have a lot to write about so stay tuned. I can't wait to see what I accomplish this week.

Have a blessed week--see you next Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment