Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Live a Little


Would you believe me if I told you that God wants us to have fun and enjoy life?

So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun. (Ecclesiastes 8:15 NIV)

I did not make that up my friends--for real.

 And it is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life—this is indeed a gift from God. God keeps such people so busy enjoying life that they take no time to brood over the past. (Ecclesiastes 5:19-20 NLT)

We don't need to wallow in the past. Trying to live up to what could have been or what should be will never work. As long as we are striving to better ourselves and to enrich the lives of others, our work will be hard. There will always be some sort of challenge. But in the midst of everything, we need to take time to enjoy life. We can be gone tomorrow. This time last year, a dear brother to me was alive and living life and now he is dead. No warning. No sickness. He was here one day and gone from this life the next.

Therefore, I plead with you to enjoy life. And this is from someone who does NOT like going out or having a whole lot of plans. I'd like much rather to stay home most times. But I have ventured out to hang out with other moms and spend a little more time with my sister friends even though I have NO extra time and guess what? Everything that I needed to get done still got done (maybe a little delayed but done nonetheless) and I had a GOOD time.

Now, I love my quiet time and you won't see my schedule overbooked but you will see me living.

Even when you are tired and don't really want to, do a few things each week that you enjoy by yourself or with the people you love.

God wants you to. Trust me.

2 comments: