Thursday, June 5, 2014

Feel Good


I saw these on my walk Monday morning. How can you quit when you see this on your first walk in a while!
This week and probably next week will be filled with a whirlwind of end of year school activities and paperwork at work. But I am excited because I have really gotten back to being serious with my weight loss and exercise habits. It never ceases to amaze me how hard it is to lose weight but how easy it is to gain if you aren't paying attention. It has been challenging to get up at 5:30AM to get a walk in the mornings but it really makes me feel better. Now only if it would NOT rain. 

I am realizing more and more the importance of really taking care of my health. When you just feel good about the direction you are going in, in whatever area that may be, it makes all the difference. I have dusted off my UP band and I am trying indoor cycling this weekend so pray for me saints! Lets see if I can be under my calorie goal 90% of the time this month folks (my goal is still 1,500 calories/day).

This week, I have been all about a good salad and some protein for lunch. Here are two that I loved and topped on with some Tyson's Seasoned Steak strips that are really good too.
I haven't checked in about fitness and weight loss in a while. How is everyone doing? What are you doing? Don't let go of those New Year's resolutions and goals yet! We are at the halfway point and we can make it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm also realizing more how important it is to stay healthy. I'm only 34 but I notice that aches and pains are hanging around more when I get them, and I also hear about others' health problems that are often due to not getting any exercise. I don't want to be that way! I just celebrated a year of yoga classes a couple of months ago and am so happy I found exercise that I love doing - that helps so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! Once you find something you love that's the best way to go. I just tried cycling! I'll let you know how that ends up :).

      Delete