Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Weeks 11-14: Marathon Not a Sprint

Okay okay this is way late but here is my final post for my 95 days of 1,500 challenge. Whoa! Where did the time go? It seems like only yesterday that I decided to get back into this weight loss/healthier eating game. 95 days have come and gone. I didn't hit the mark all 95 days but, I am refocused and ready to make the most of the rest of this year. I was a little annoyed at my annual exam when I had only lost a whooping 1 pound since last year. Who has time to keep re-losing the same pounds?

Well here is a recap of the last four weeks: 15/28 days under 1,500 calories. Since I started this challenge, I have lost 11 pounds. My goal for this year was to lose 10% of my body weight so I am only 12 pounds away from that. Cheers to me for making a realistic and achievable goal. Who has time to keep failing on this journey?

Overall, I have found during this personal challenge that 1,400-1,800 calories is what I tend to eat on average. Not bad in the grand scheme of things. Since the weather is warming up, I plan to get in some walking a few days a week. While I don't have another challenge lined up, I am going to continue to focus on nutrition and incorporate some abdominal and arm toning too.

 
I can't wait to walk in the doctors office next year and instead of that lonely 1 pound gone, my doctor may have to do a double take at the numbers hehe. I have been a little unfocused these last few weeks but I am slowly getting it back together. This is a marathon not a sprint.

How are you all doing with your fitness/weight loss goals? The first quarter of the year is almost gone. Don't give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment