Friday, August 23, 2013

Trust Your Decisions

This week has been a mix of fun and typical work nonsense. I was a little behind on sleep after a fun weekend last week so I am sure that added a little extra drag to the week but lets face it, I don't think you can ever really get enough sleep sometimes.
 
Anyhow, I have been coming to terms with a very calculated career decision I made earlier this year. While I think in the long term it was best, right now I am not feeling it. You know when you go to a store with a really good coupon only to find out it's expired or the day before you can use it---I feel irritated like that lol. I hate when I find myself complaining and in a little funk because let me tell you I am grateful for EVERYTHING I have but sometimes the big picture gets a little far out reach for even me. But after jamming to some songs on my playlist this morning, I got to thinking about how we really have to trust ourselves once we make difficult decisions and really back off and let God do his work

I don't want to lose the zeal for my big picture goals because of the bumps that I may really need to hit along the way in order to be prepared. Preparation is key. I want to be ready so I really have to keep myself centered while I am going through the growing pains. I want to grow and as a Mary Mary song says, we all need a little bit of dirt to grow--listen below. I HATE being dirty but I get it. Nothing blossoms without dirt and I want to bloom into something big so that I can have a bigger impact, let others see Christ through me, and do a little more good in the world. At times I will be uncomfortable, but that is okay. You can miss some really great opportunities and experiences because we want to be comfortable. I've learned to work through the uncomfortableness because most of the times, once it's over, it wasn't as bad any ways. For God has not given us the spirit of fear ;but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.-2 Timothy 1:7. And for that reason, we have to trust ourselves and the decisions we make. Even if we don't get the desired outcome, everything happens for a reason. Think about it.
 
Dirt
 
I'm Running
 
I will be thinking about meditating on that this weekend. Be lifted my friends.


2 comments:

  1. That period of being uncomfortable, irritated, or even frustrated with the dirt usually indicates a full blooming season is near. The greatest victories are the ones we push through with the hardest amount of strength. I am confident your decision will be a great testimony to help us continue to get lifted by your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post Barb it came right on time.

    ReplyDelete